I kept begging my mom to come with us on this trip. She kept telling me, "mmm, maybe, I don't know yet." I knew something was up because she is a woman that plans down to the nitty gritty details. And she doesn't like loose ends undone. And sure enough, when we got to the airport my mom surprised us and arrived at the gate! It was so fun to see her, and it made our trip that much more fun to have her along.
Hi Mom!!
And we're off!
This cross stitch greets all visitors in Papa and Munner's home.
Spending the morning with Papa and Munner. I got to meet my cousin's daughter Grace. Such a cute girl. Kara said she has a bucket of Easter decorations, and in it a headband with bunny ears.....which Grace hadn't taken off for the past few days.
Papa and his 'award winning porridge' compliments of his 'award winning chef'....Mun!
One of Papa's greatest qualities is his 'food pushing'. And after much hard work pushing me to try porridge, this was actually the first time I'd ever tried his porridge. It was deeeeelicious!
The men taking a stroll down the driveway.


The lovely Kara and Grace....oh and their new 2013 Honda Accord!
I haven't seen Kara for about 4 years, it was fun to reunite.
Smiling and excited to go to Katie's wedding dinner.
Dinner at George Washington's house! I haven't been here since I was 8 years old. It's amazing to stand where we are standing and look at the great expanse of land Washington owned. And to think that when he lived there, the United states just west of his estate was largely open frontier. How far the US has come in a few hundred years. How blessed we are to be a part of this great nation.
My lovely girlfriends....Lisa Hammon, Megan Zitting, and Aubri Root
And, of course, the handsome couple! Katie has been such a light in my life and an example of love, kindness, friendship, hope, faith, and courage. I love her dearly and it's wonderful to see her marry someone of her same caliber. Well, actually, I think Adam still married up:). And that's the way it should be.
Mark's photography skills!
Fun to be bridesmaids with these gals....Maury, Kim, Sara, and Amber. Katie outfitted us in cute navy lace dresses and pearls! She has such a cute style.
I'm so grateful for temple marriage. There is nothing better in this world than to be sealed to the most important person in your life. There is no greater joy....at least that I know of yet....than to share the bond of marriage and to be endowed with the Spirit and the knowledge of God's approval of that unification.







No comments:
Post a Comment