Elder Johnson has been out on his mission for one whole MONTH in Accra, Ghana. He is doing so well! Maybe a little homesick, and a little overwhelmed by the amount of work, but he is taking it all in his stride. We are so blessed as a family as well, as his emails remind us of what is really important.
Here are some pics from his farewell
Brad's buddies
Cathryn J and I
Sibling Love
This is our personalities to a T!
Almost got it!
Ahh we did it! Last picture of all of us together before Brad left
Brad is such a great brother. He is a calming force in our family.
My favorite recent memory with Brad was skiing with him right before he left on his mission. We were skiing the back side of Beaver Mountain, which both he and I have done before. However on this run, we took a wrong turn and didn't realize it until we were in a forest of trees, brush, and massive boulders. It became impossible to ski so we took off our skis and started hiking down the mountain. By this point it was getting dark, and I was worried our family, who was picking us up, would be waiting for us. I'd figure if they waited too long they'd start worrying. I was becoming more and more frustrated. And I may or may not have let a few swear words fly! Brad finally said, "Whit, it's ok. It's gonna be fine. It's just not the most ideal situation." And sure enough, we found our path again and quickly skied out. And our family hadn't even arrived yet to pick us up.
This is so Brad's attitude. He goes with the flow and carries peace with him. He just believes that everything works out.

No comments:
Post a Comment