We're discovering as I'm sure every couple discovers, that sometimes the meshing and sharing of two lives can cause, well, a little pressure and a little friction. But it is the friction that smooths the rough edges of the pebble, and the pressure that creates the diamond. And when the ultimate goal is to become one, a little melding and molding is a pretty darn good thing. And it's usually in the details.
Our latest discovery - how to solve driving differences!
I love to drive like
Grandma Gertrude,
and Mark likes to drive like
Speedy McSteve.
So naturally driving together causes the passenger of that ride to feel disconcerted.
Solution?
I agreed to drive like Speedy as long as Speedy acknowledged that his driving is reckless.
And Speedy would slow it down for Gertrude as long as I call him "O great one".
And so far so good.
And so far so good.
A little humor goes a long way!
No comments:
Post a Comment