The plan was I was going to start running up the river trail in Provo canyon while Liz pumped up her bike tire, then we were going to meet somewhere along the trail.
A half mile into my run a torrential thunderstorm hit. I was soaked through within a minute. Lightning cracked right over head. So exhilarating! But I started having visions of myself being hit by lightning and showing up in the ER as just another patient doing something stupid! It was stupid. I decided to keep running up the canyon til Liz passed me, then I would turn around. Three lightning bolts struck overhead and I thought....that's it! This REALLy is stupid.
I turned around and started flying as fast as my legs would carry me. Leaves flying everywhere. The rain falling in sheets. Water starting to pool on the trail. The rain was stinging my skin it was coming down so hard. But I felt so alive feeling the power of nature! Amazing! But I was definitely praying the whole way down for a safe return.
I saw Liz biking up the trail and shouted, "NO GO, NO GO, WE GOTTA TURN AROUND!" She agreed. This was crazy! We were taking on the mountains that we most definitely were no match for.
We made it safely back to the car....both drenched to the bone and freezing! We jumped in the car and blasted the heat laughing at our amazing adventure. And then "Life is a Highway" starts playing in the car. Liz finds her phone and tries to stop the music, but alas the rain had frozen her phone.....and it wouldn't stop playing the song. We pulled out the battery. Plugged it back in. Still.... "Life is a Highway" begins playing again. Hilarious. A day later....her phone still won't stop playing the song. Maybe it was symbolic of the moment?? Never know what life is going to throw at you, like a good thunderstorm!
Things I'm grateful for today:
The snow dusting on the top of Timpanogos after the storm, the clouds clinging to the mountain, the mountain seeming to be magnified in size.
The smell of rain today, the trees looked a little greener
Yoga session with Liz.....today I tried to master my headstand, I feel my body getting stronger
A healthy body in great shape
Good food I can afford
Slab pizza, thai chicken to be specific....I'm on a first name basis with the owner Eric
A good job that helps me live a very comfortable life
An amazing family with parents who have an amazing capacity for unconditional love
Thoughts on my mind:
Should I go to nurse practitioner school?
Should I move to south Provo or stay in the Avenues?
No comments:
Post a Comment