Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just another day....

The morning has been quiet at the hospital....



Got here at 6am, took care of three patients, and then all has been quiet since 7.



I love this kind of a morning at work. There is something very peaceful about a quiet hospital, when all the lights are still dimmed, no beeping monitors, still dark outside.



I ate a naughty biscuit with gravy....Dr. Z was talking about Amy Winehouse this morning, he loves her music, but we were saying how she eats, smokes, drinks whatever she wants...stays skinny, but she has a flabby bod. I got to thinking....I don't smoke or drink, but I eat whatever I want...what if that is my downfall to staying tone? Oh the woes of woman. So....I'm thinking I'll try again to keep up on my veggies.

My favorite breakfast at the hospital: $0.75 blueberry oatmeal with granola. It's delicious!

This morning, though, I loved cuddling up in a blanket from the blanket warmer, sipping a diet coke to shock me out of my 5 hours of sleep, listening to a little She and Him on pandora, chatting with Natalie about Prudhoe Bay. A great work morning, filled with...mmm, no work. But every once in a while it's nice. Cute little love moment, nurse Natalie is dating a man that works in Prudhoe Bay....he has to travel outside of his complex in 3 degree weather in zero sunlight to find cell reception once a day just to call her. That's sacrifice.

Yesterday Luke called me and played his new song. "What if" by Coldplay. He's a genius

And just another little tidbit to add to this completely random rambling of a blog post....
Words of wisdom from Dr. Barlow yesterday, "Whit, what you need to learn is to realize that you are just like everybody else. Once you get over yourself and relax, things will work out for you." Man, the truth....it's always just a little painful, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment