
Probably slightly illegal to post this

Getting ready to dirty dash as little indians!

Last night I watched the movie Chocolat....okay so it's a little melodramatic, probably shown in sociology classes, but the little moral at the end....I loved it.
This woman's whole way of living, which is what a priest comments at the end is... "It is not about the bad things that we avoid, but the good things that we embrace"
Another good little thought....I watched a Mormon message last night called What is Most Important. President Monson said, the most important things in life usually includes the people that we love. Love that!
So this week was a little exhausting
4 shifts
a little case of food poisoning from some avocados gone bad, shouldn't have cooked with them
Little sleep
Birthday parties
And....the DIRTY DASH!
The dirty dash is a 10k up Soldier Hollow by Midway. It was so stinking hilarious!
Obstacles to conquer:
A mud hill
hay bails to jump over
tubes to crawl through
mud walls to jump over
a quarter mile stretch through Deer Creek swamp land
Trenches of mud to trudge through
And....the world's longest waterslide
And the ending mud pit
Loved the run! We were cowboys and indians! For the last half quarter mile we all held hands to run into the mud pit, help each other climb out, and then held hands into the finish line...of course while singing Chariots of Fire!
I went to the temple this morning and I just love the Spirit that is there. When I am baptized for each person, I always love to think about what it is going to be like when I get to see that person in heaven. The temple seems to be the one special place where my body and soul are in a state of complete peace. Such an amazing gift to have the temple so close!
how fun with the dirty dash!! you make one good looking indian too ;)
ReplyDeletefood poisoning?! yuck. glad you got over that!! now i'm going to be wary of avocados....