Saturday, October 9, 2010

Happenings to add to the travel log



This is the piece of wood I found at Home Depot today for $5. Tomorrow....it will be a fall-scape painted masterpiece:). So excited!
Getting ready for a date! So excited to go out on the town!

So at institute this week the teacher was talking about the atonement of Jesus Christ. The atonement is something I want to increase my understanding of, but he said something that really hit me. He said that one of Satan's greatest tricks is to make us believe that there is a max to how many times we can be forgiven. If we fail so many times then there is no coming back. He wants us to think that if we try a few times and don't succeed, then we will never succeed. I have fallen guilty to this thought pattern in my life at times. It only leads to feelings of guilt and pain. I don't believe the Lord wants us to live with these feelings, and hence there is an infinite atonement, meaning we are to try and try and try again, with feelings of joy and happiness in our heart.

We then read a scripture that I LOVE

"Yea, and as often as my people repent will I forgive them their trespasses against me." Mosiah 26:30. This is so cool to me that the Lord is that merciful that we would let us repent every day and begin every day new. There is so much hope in this that I often forget to realize.

Three things I'm grateful for today:
Today was the first day it smelled like fall...only means winter is coming!
I got to hear musicians from Africa play the drums/guitar/harmonica and feel their SOUL power
I felt peace in my heart:).

No comments:

Post a Comment