I get to see the Mama Johnson today for a dinner get together. Hands down this is the single greatest woman that has ever lived. I continually aspire to be who and what she is, and the day that I ever become even half of who she is....it will be a day of miracles. The mama has been laying down quite the legacy....and continues
Growing up she greeted us every morning with smiles and hugs and a big, "GOOD MORNING, ----inserted name of child."
I remember one Valentine's Day when I was in high school the Mama sent to school a massive, at least 3 foot large heart balloon attached to chocolate and goodies.
I would get letters sometimes in my bathroom when I was having a hard time
Always encouraging.....the mama has never lost faith in any of us, she is a BELIEVER!
The mama is the embodiment of what the prophets counsel us to be...simple and true.
She is true to the beat of her own drum.
When the mama is super excited she whoops and hollers and jumps up and down
The mama has the greatest, most contagious laugh....the best memories are of us chitlins gathered for family prayer and the mama is the one who busts a gut over something, which kills any hopes of reverence, the padre trying to regain order, the mama still busting a gut.
When I have gone to Stampin Up conventions with the mama, I LOVE how the 300+ women in her downline flock around her, AMY, AMY, We LOVE you!!! I love her too
The mama has an amazing ability to recognize the difficulties and hard times that come to everyone in life, but she remains 100% optimistic about the future.
The mama is always trying to learn something new, new gospel study, new recipes, new ways to cope with present challenges, new skin creams, new toenail polish, new garden ideas, new scrapbooking ideas....this woman is continually in a mad pursuit of discovery
Just recently I had friends over for a weekend get together....the mama set up 'her hotel' complete with beds for everyone, wash clothes perfectly folded onto the beds, and miniature soap and shampoo bottles for everyone.
The mama will take time out of her busy schedule to talk to us when we are home, make sure we are doing okay
The mama has fiery opinions, and she will stick to the opinions to the grave....incredible integrity, completely unswayable by others on things she knows to be right
The mama is an energizer bunny....her day start every morning at 7-8, hard core exercise for an hour, a healthy breakfast, kiddies to school, work for Stampin Up, emails, phone calls, errands, bills to pay, scrapbooking, healthy lunch, more work, gardening, visiting with friends and neighbors, and then a dinner for the kiddies return from school, encouraging kiddies on homework and piano and sports, visiting with family, scripture time, prayer, bed. AMAZING!
The mama is incredibly patient....she broke her nose about 2 years ago which has included a couple surgeries, and still it gives her troubles, but she hardly ever complains
The mama loves adventure....trips to Taiwan, Lake Powell, DC
She loves traditions....holiday decorations, father's blessings before school, love notes to eachother at Christmastime, soup in the fall, family piano concerts on Sundays, lunch dates when we are together
She loves mozzarella, basil, tomato paninis
The mama is a firm advocate of seizing opportunities, continuing education
She loves the family dog Ned....maybe more than us chitlins
For our birthdays we always get a DELICIOUS home cooked meal
Christmas morning....always a trail of double bubble gum from our bedrooms to the Christmas tree
Dance parties with the mama
Her favorite pump up song...."Ain't no other man" by Christina Aguilera
The fact that she is a foot and a half shorter than the padre and she needs her kissing chair to reach his face
I LOVE the mama! I wished everyone in the world was as lucky as I am to have a mama like I do
No comments:
Post a Comment