Friday, November 9, 2012

Ostensibly Ostebo

What changes when you change your name to Ostebo?

1. You go from the #1 most common name (Johnson) to the #1 least common name
2. You join an elite group of only 30+ Ostebos in the US, mainly located in Minnesota
3. Your ancestry includes Norwegian Vikings
4. You become accustomed to looks of confusion when people attempt to spell your name....Mark's taught me the system "O-s-t-e-b as in boy-o." I don't even give people a chance anymore to spell it on their own

Wearing my man's #2....even though he's my #1

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of common names. I got an email from BYU the other day saying something about spotlighting Whitney Johnson, Dare Dream Do. I scrolled down and to my surprise it was not you. And that made me a little sad, and then I giggled.

    Loving the new blog, that sweet hockey jersey on you, and you new last name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know, I got a bunch of emails that day! I'm proud to share my name with someone famous, well not really anymore.

    Thanks for the post!
    Love, Whit

    ReplyDelete