Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Homeward Bound




Tomorrow we head to Mark's homeland...the great St Paul, Minnesota...for Thanksgiving and our second reception. We're excited to spend some time with his parents up there. Since marrying Mark, I've started to learn and become acquainted with a state I knew absolutely nothing about. Zilch. Zero. He's been convincing me since I met him it might be the greatest state in the Union. Maybe it's the best kept secret, because I'd heard nothing of the place until now.

It's the 'Rule of the Doubles' though. The rule states that the second you hear of something you've never heard for the however many years you've been living....all of a sudden you hear about it everyday thereafter.


Such has been my experience with Minnesota. It seems everywhere I go now I'm meeting people from MN who rave about their great state. I've never seen so many movies set in MN than I have in the last few months....my favorite namely New in Town....it's a good one.

So here's a little shout out to the Land of a Thousand Lakes....to the place where you travel with sporting attire and hockey stick on hand.





The beautiful Boundary Waters, one of the places we hope to go one day.













Minnesota Sporting!



And of course hockey is a league of its own. Don't ya know! You betcha!







But the best part of Minnesota, is being able to experience it with this guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment