Our last days....
These are some pictures of the second to last day before I left on my humanitarian trip to Vietnam and Cambodia with the Navy. We had been engaged for about a month. And there were a lot of mixed emotions about leaving. I had been planning this trip for about a year and half. I really wanted to go but I also felt very torn about leaving Mark. It was only six weeks. Only?! Six weeks turned into an eternity on the ship. I had a wonderful experience, but I missed Mark dearly. We got to write to each other by email every day and I could call him for 15 minutes a day. It actually turned into a really neat way to get to know each other better. But boy was I ready to see him again after those six weeks. I gained a whole new appreciation for the men and women that sacrifice so much to serve in the military. It is hard to leave the ones you love.
We went to the top of the mountain behind our house and enjoyed the peace and silence of the evening.
A few ship shots!
The monster ship, the Mercy
Life jackets everybody! Assemble to your life boat!
In our de-licing gear! Nobody could get on the ship without getting past us!
Our Latter Day Saint Charities group. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has its own group of medical volunteers as well as other humanitarian volunteers all grouped into one called the LDSC. I'm in the very back in outer darkness.
The absolute cutest boy that played by us all day at the clinic we had set up. Can you see the sweat dripping off of us? It was 115 degrees and 100% humidity that day.
Just for fun:)
So fun to see, even more to ride!





No comments:
Post a Comment