Friday, December 7, 2012

Grateful for sickness and health

Today I've been thinking about how grateful I am for sickness and health. And how grateful I am for my husband and my mama.

I picked up a lovely stomach bug at the hospital and spent a night by the toilet (I'll spare details), and then a day of body aches. It was just a 24 hour deal. But it made me think back to when I was little and if I got sick my mom would always be right there to comfort me. Being sick, I knew I'd always get through it if she was there to take care of me. She'd come into my room and say "Hoooww's the patient?" and "Tell me your symptoms". I can still hear her say it. Then either she or my dad would bring a little TV into my room and set me up with movies galore to keep me company. She'd make sure I kept drinking water and had some light food in my stomach. She was always so kind a compassion towards me and all of us kids when we were sick.
And even now being all grown up an' all, I still want my mom when I don't feel good. I will always need my mama. And when I tell my mom that, she says she still always need hers. Some things never change.

I am so grateful for times of sickness that help me appreciate my good health, that I truly live in God's blessings everyday, that I live such a happy, healthy life.

I am so grateful for my good husband. He was so sweet to help me with what I needed. I am so grateful for his Priesthood that he holds and respects. That he is worthy to give me blessings of comfort. And because of that, he blesses our home, that the love of God and the Holy Ghost can more easily abound in our home. Our home fills with peace and warmth and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment