Friday, March 6, 2015

In the Words of Mark

Whit's still working at BYU a few times a week.  She's enjoying trying to help the nursing students catch the vision of what they're getting themselves in to.  Hard to teach not only the processes / documentation side of nursing but doing it under pressure.  

Our Valentine's was fun.  We met up with the Jonson's in Salt Lake to have dinner with them at The Cheesecake Factory.  We sold them our green Subaru (The Bean) and made the switch there.  I think it will be for Brad who comes home from Africa in 4 wks.  They're going out to pick him up.  (Mom & Dad, we'll meet up with them when you come out, not in Africa, in SLC).  They're doing well. 

Work at Action is still good.  Working on project for LAPD, Coast Guard (Portsmouth, VA),  and a bunch of commercial ranges scattered throughout the country.  Speaking of comfort zones - I feel out of my comfort zone on most jobs because I feel like I need to find out all of the bits and pieces of the ranges, because if I don't no one else will.  It's scary, and fun.  And at the end of the job, its always fulfilling.  My most proud projects are  always the hardest ones.  We got new management and they're really spending time trying to "update" the company.  Many of you know ours was stuck in 1986 for a looong time.  So that's fun.  

My voice over stuff is coming along.  I'm half way through my coaching sessions (via Skype for 1/2 each time w/ a lady from GA), and will now focus on recording the demos in a studio.  I will do 1 commercial demo (any ad selling something), and 1 narrative (anything not selling a product like tv show narration, audio books, etc).  They will serve as something an ad agency can listen to to see if I'm the right fit.  It's exciting and fun.  Someday you may hear that sweet old voice of mine comin acha from the tv or radio.  That's the goal anyway.  The idea is to start in small markets in Anytown USA doing radio or TV, and build from there.  

We're very excited about the wedding in April.  Staci - You're almost an official Reli!  We're glad for what you bring to the table.  Chris set the bar, Levi met it, and Whitney used the bar as a step to put it where it is now where B, T & mom are.  I'm sure you'll have no trouble (especially with those chocolate chip cookies of yours).  You complete such a good group of great women.

PS - B&L, M&D - are you going to be here Friday following the wedding and Saturday?  It'd be fun to plan something or go somewhere while we're all there.  

We had Elder Evans from the Seventy at our stake conf. this weekend.  He highlighted that if we always do what we've always been doing, we'll always be who we've always been.  

Mom & Dad, I'm especially proud of you for taking that leap of faith to join the church and be more than what you were - Just think, you have altered the eternities by what you did in faith.  I can't thank you enough for being brave and having faith.  And more recently, Dad for getting out of your comfort zone and being a good Bishop to those sons of guns in the NSP ward.  Way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment