Sometimes I think I should just rename this blog to All About Owen. He's captured our hearts and joyfully taken over our lives. I heard a friend once day her baby needed her just as much as she needed him. That's exactly how I feel about Owen. He's pulled me from all my selfish time....I can barely get to a shower during the day or do the dishes...and I've never been so happy giving life to another. It is so rewarding. By far my favorite time is rocking him to sleep at night and snyggling him as he hums to me contentedly. I feel like he's letting me know it was a good day and he's ok with this new family he's come to.
This month Owen is ALL smiles. He's really come alive as if to say 'I think I'm ok with this whole earth thing.' He has found his hands and chews on them all day if not plugged with the bink. He now plays happily with his little jungle gym toy. If he could rate his favorite activities it would go 1) eat, 2) bath time, 3) be held by mommy. He really does love his mommy! I'm totally flattered and I'll enjoy his petitions to be held and cuddled while I can. I keep reassuring Mark he'll soon be the favorite once Owen really figures out play time. He holds his head up and is kicking his legs in an attempt to roll over during tummy time. He has really discovered his voice and squeals and yells at his toys or at us to get our attention. We think he knows if he's not getting our full undivided attention! I love watching the joy he spreads to other people with his smile that lights up the room. And as a family we're making huge strides as we've finally gotten into a routine again!



He is so dang cute!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Brooke! You are getting so close to d-day!
ReplyDelete