Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Baby Shower!

I have some of the greatest friends and family! This month has been a month of baby celebration! I've felt so loved and so amazed by how many people care about our new little family. It's humbling. We have been the recipients of so many prayers on our behalf. We have felt so supported, it's truly been incredible. 

I met up with a few of my good friends from college right before Christmas for lunch, Jenni Guynn, Aubri Root, Lisa Hammon, and Jenny Decker. They all surprised me and had brought a few baby gifts! It was the sweetest! On top of it just being really fun that we could get together for a couple of hours!

I had two baby showers the beginning of January to celebrate Baby Ostebo's arrival. A few of my friends from the ER, Amy Hawkins, Amy Fail, and Millie Harper, threw me, and another nurse that's pregnant, a shower. A bunch of us nurses and their kids all went to lunch at the Pizza Pie Cafe. We enjoyed each other's company and they spoiled us rotten with gifts. I can't wait to use what I got! It was so fun! 
Then two of my friends from nursing school, Sarah Tranter and Andrea Gardner, threw me a shower for friends and family. It was such a blast! They had decorated Andrea's house so cute and had created a delicious meal of soup bread bowls and salad. And lots of delicious treats. Then we played the cutest game. Sarah had asked Mark and I a bunch of questions beforehand. Everybody had to guess who gave the answer to a question, either Mark or I. Everybody then either put on their 'mustache' or their 'lips', depending on their answer. We shared a lot of good laughs, as a bunch of my friends who are now seasoned moms shared their stories from the front lines of battle:). My mom and I afterwards talked for a bit and just said how uplifted and blessed we felt to be with such great people that night. 














1 comment:

  1. yay! looks so fun! so excited for you! Love you and miss you! xx

    ReplyDelete