Mark and I headed off to San Diego last week to celebrate our one year anniversary and to have one last hurrah just the two of us before baby comes.
Look who we ran into at the gate we were departing from! My dad pulled in the plane we'd be taking out. What dumb luck we have! We ran into my dad almost exactly a year ago in the airport on our way to Minnesota for Thanksgiving. It's always a treat.
10-10! We made it! It's hard to believe it's been an entire year since we were married. It went so fast. I've loved every minute, there hasn't been one moment of regret. Mark is such an amazing man and I feel so grateful and honored to be married to him. He has already begun changing me into a better version of myself. I love our differences because I am constantly learning from him. He is such a kind, generous, genuine, thoughtful, loyal man. He is so caring and considerate of me. He has a thirst for knowledge and learning. He is a hard worker. He can be very purposeful and nostalgic. He loves me for who I am.
Marriage has brought to our lives so much more purpose and a deep sense of contentment and commitment to each other as we have made decisions and pushed forward into the future and begun to learn to work together. It has taught us to be a little more humble, selfless, forgiving of each other, and more aware of the choices we make.
What I have been most grateful for is the sealing power of the temple that allows us to be sealed as a couple forever. I remember right after we were sealed a year ago, I felt a special added measure of the endowment of God's power and Spirit as I knew He approved of our union. Nothing was sweeter than the feeling of knowing we had made correct decisions in our lives to get us to that point.
We both have said how much unspeakable joy comes from the institution of marriage and living to be loyal and faithful to one person. I believe and have experienced for myself now, that the reason we are here on earth is partly to be organized into families because it is where we learn and progress the most.
We went to the USS Midway, a decommissioned ship in the bay of San Diego. This is a fighter plane Mark's uncle flew.
This is a map of Baghdad, the last time the USS Midway was used was in Desert Storm. The operation was planned and executed from this ship. It caused me to wonder what my dad thought about bombing the city he was born in.
Computer control room
Mark being flight boss on the bridge. These doorways and the ship itself brought back so many memories of my 6 weeks on the USNS Mercy.
View from the bridge
These simple dials controlled the ship's speed
We ate lunch on the bay....these cute little birds surrounded us all through our meal.
San Diego Zoo!
Yeah that panda had the right idea!
The actual size of a polar bear on his hind legs....yikes!
We were laughing that we seem to do a lot of family activities that people would do with their kids. Either we're still kids at heart, or we're parents in training!
Oceanside beach sunset...we sat on a bench on the beach and ate tacos to the last rays of the sun.
Our last day we met up with Tara and Chris and family at Huntington beach to play for the day. We also met up with our friends Lance and Jessica Tolman. And later went out to dinner with everybody and with our friends Aaron and Whitney Johnson.
Love this face....I've loved having instant nephews!















No comments:
Post a Comment