I'm doing a whole lot of blogging backdating backtracking. BBB. Our lives have finally returned to some sense of normal...thank you modern day medications. It's so nice to have moments in the day where I don't feel nauseous. It all hangs in the balance of getting the cocktail right. Zofran in the morning, food every 2 hours at least, zofran in the afternoon. To not feel nauseous, I'll do whatever it takes!
I've just become so grateful to have a healthy body that allows me to do what I want when I want for the most part. It's been really nice to get out and adventure again with Mark. We especially took two big adventure trips over Labor Day and a weekend to Park City.
Riding the Heber Creeper in, well, Heber for Labor Day. You can't live in Utah without having done this at least once. And it really is the slowest train imaginable. People who used trains like these must have been such patient, calm people. We live so fast paced now, it really makes you appreciate where society came from as far as travel goes.
But we didn't hesitate to sit back and relax as we rode through the beautiful valley of Heber in perfect fall weather.
They serve a pancake breakfast before the ride on Labor Day.
Our adventure that day continued in the 4runner into Midway, up and over the mountains into Big Cottonwood canyon and then a stop for lunch at the Porcupine. Back in the 4runner, we continued on up to Snowbird in Little Cottonwood canyon to check out Oktoberfest....were bored pretty quick upon realizing the only entertainment there was really the alcohol...and then went for a quick hike to Cecret Lake.
Beautiful Cecret Lake
Mark sometimes likes to dance in the rain...or shower:).
One weekend we both had work off and Mark had scored some hotel points so we made a trip to Park City to maximize more of the fall weather. We stopped at the Olympic Park which neither of us had seen before. I couldn't believe this has been almost in our back yard for the last decade. It was so cool to watch olympic hopefuls in training doing aerials into the pool.
I decided to show the place some of my mad skills.
Seriously? Ski jumping into grass? This was so worth the drive to watch!
We hit a few restaurants in Park City, drank hot chocolate while window shopping, and of course hit the outlets. I've only turned into a bit of a shopper since marrying Mark. More like he picks stuff out for me. But we found some good deals! We drove up to Deer Valley and stopped at the summit, which gave an amazing view of the changing fall leaves on the surrounding mountains. Then we descended back down into Midway and later on to Provo on a beautiful winding road through yellow aspens.
Mark is our in house photographer. He takes the pictures, I do the blogging. His pictures always turn out much better than mine.







No comments:
Post a Comment