Monday, January 16, 2012

Dave and Doggies



I went home to Logan last night and I'm staying up here for a few days, to be with my family and our new puppy, Sophie. She is adorable! She is another Australian sheepdog. I hadn't even heard word one of another dog, and then about a week before my parents found Sophie, Mom started texting pictures of dogs she was looking at. Within a week, she heard of a new litter, from the same breeders that Ned came from. And Sophie is soooo adorable, she has one blue eye, one brown eye, and such a sweet, happy temperament.

Ned, however, will have nothing to do with Sophie. Nose stuck into the air, he is dead set on zero friendship. He'll bark and bark when Sophie comes up to him to play. And that cute Ned though, he is still faithfully defending the yard perimeters from 'command post' at the back door! I want to think that last night he snuggled up to me in bed just a little closer, feeling the need for a little more love after all the Sophie excitement.

Well, it is official....I'm beginning the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover, I'd love to kick it with my student loans. And I'm so all over his idea that the need to have credit cards, loans, and 'build credit' are all consumer myths to support the banking world. And that it is in fact possible to buy a car and a home, and pay for higher education in cash.



2 comments:

  1. awwww ned is jealous!! how dare the family not involve him on the decision to add another member to the family! :)

    you'll do amazing at the program! micah's student loans stink! the worst part is if we do the recommended payment plan they wouldn't of been paid off until 27 years from now. Yeah, that wasn't happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow really? 27 years? Thats disgusting. I hate student loans, blah! I miss you, that little Isla, is so cute. i just cannot get over her little cheekers. You are such a great mom, I just know, even from just looking at pics.

    ReplyDelete