Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oregon!

Brent took us to this amazing waterfall in the Gorge. We are little dots on the bridge on the right.

My dream house and life....have my cute little family and husband and live in a cute little cottage on the Oregon coast.



Katie and I made it to the top of Mount Hood!!! A proud moment. I sat on the curb and ate some good peaches and bagels to all of oregon. We took a little snooze and then left Katie at the top...then we drove Brent an hour to where he would meet up with the second van on his team.

After the race! I'm such a proud friend! They ran so well. The altitude difference let them soar on their runs. Katie averaged 7 min miles, Brent 630 min miles. Amazing.
Gotta love oregon surfers!









Katie Squires, Brent Friess, and I took a road trip to Oregon last weekend so Katie and Brent could run the Hood to Coast race. It is the longest running relay race in the world...180+ miles from Mt. Hood to the Oregon Coast. We left at 6pm on Friday night and drove straight through the night 13 hours.

Started off the trip right with some Arbys....Brent and Katie preferred Subway. We divided and conquered. I was homeless for a little while on the curb til they came and picked me up.

We drove off into the Idaho night. Halfway through our Idaho drive, we encountered a MASSIVE wind/lightning storm. Huge sagebrush bushes began blowing across the freeway! They looked like little animals scurrying across the road. We died laughing. Successfully navigated the sagebrush.

I fell asleep for an hour or so and I woke up to the car sputtering....Brent has a worried look on his face. He says we are out of gas and still 5 miles outside of Boise. So we pull into a rest area and knock on the window of this truck and asked this man for gas, instead he decided he would follow us into town. So we jumped back on the road for amazing 20 minute coaching of the poor little car! We kept him going at 20 mph on the freeway needing to start and restart him over and over has he crept his little way up the hill that then descended into Boise....and we pulled in miraculously to a gas station just as the car died! Amazing.


I drove from 12am to 4pm and had a little dance party with myself clicked into Katie's ipod while Brent and Katie slept.

Katie drove from 4am to 7am and safely brought us to our destination at Mt. Hood. It was so beautiful when we arrived. The night sky gave way to the early dawn giving light to the millions of pine trees lining the backroads to Timberline Lodge. We rounded a bend to see this.....







Ah it was a beautiful site!! I screamed!

















While I was sitting on the beach in Oregon I kept having these thoughts about life and where I'm going, what I want to accomplish, where I want to be in 5 years or so. I have been feeling so blessed that I had the opportunity to get an education and have a good job so I can go and see places like the beautiful Oregon coast. I feel so blessed that I live in America, that I have wonderful friends, a wonderful family, the gospel....because of where I am at in my life I feel like the opportunities are limitless. Life is a blessing and a gift, there is so much to do, so much to learn, different phases of life, moments of change, new understandings.


Since I've graduated I've had moments where I've begun to understand life and see it in a way I didn't know I could before


Each person has this infinite potential in their soul....it is an honor to work in the hospital and connect with patients on a very personal and intimate level as they come in during moments of great need


My life is the only chance I get to work hard, learn as much as I can, overcome my weaknesses, enhance my strengths.


Life is only lived in today. If I am doing what I need to do today, the future takes care of itself.


The Lord lets me make mistakes and try again the next day.


So many people have blessed my life. And looking back on college and now looking to what is in the future....I realize I could never have come as far as I did without the people that are in my life. My family is a huge strength to me. And thinking about my friends and all the people i've met and loved in school and even now we still see eachother....

Jenni Gasparrini

Ashley Cole Tucker

Katie Vargo

Caitlin Reese Johnson

Chelsie Campbell

Michelle Myers

Layne Watson

Katie Squires

Aubri Root

Sarah Chaves Tranter

Andrea Whitaker Garnder

Kerri Hart

Karen Boyer

Christina Jemison Mack

Megan Zitting

Katie Powers

Alexa Kohl

Jane Leavy

Megan Robinson

Megan Cutler

Laura Clyde

Morgan Anderson

Elissa Urban

Hilary Davis

Whitney Francom

Shaughnessy Ryan

Tawni Jensen

Allen Knight

Clayton Pratt

Austin Hackett

Paul Moyle

DJ Dorff

Ben Myers

Ben Tingey

Chris Florence

Tyler Hales

Spencer Rowan

Steve Dent

Scott Stevens

Chase Ellsworth

Danny Ellsworth

Dan Ash

Paul Stevens

Benjamin McGrath

Taylor Jones

Mike Lemon

Mike Barber

Tyler Lemmon

John Hill

Dave Blackwell

Shea Owens

Mike Hanks

Jacob Sohn

Jim Kohl

Karen Lundberg

Shelly Reed

Deborah Himes

Vickie Anderson

Ron Uhlberg

Renea Beckstrand

Catherine Coverston

Troy Carlton








3 comments:

  1. Yay I'm so glad you are updating your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i looovveeeeeeeeee you!! :) long live the great wolfe lodge.

    ReplyDelete