And even though men play a very minor part in the whole pregnancy process:), they definitely get just as much of a pregnancy experience as women...this is my belief at least. Mark had maybe 3 cooked meals in three months time. The house was a disaster zone, and I hardly was out of bed and away from the TV if I wasn't at work. And of course he's had the privilege of listening to my constant whining. I asked him how many times I told him "Im sooooo nauseous" and he said so many times he'd lost count in the thousands. We finally decided on a new word. I hate the word nauseous. We coined it instead feeling 'gollygopped'...that was a Mark.
TV has been the most amazing thing! And those that know me know I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but nothing has kept my mind off the nausea quite like being glued to the boob tube. I feel like reality TV stars have become my new social life. I kind of quit going out with people because nothing kills a social moment like barf breath and being silent, mostly because it took all the energy I possessed to deal with the nausea, I didn't say much for a few months.
But NOW....I'm starting to feel much better, and I finally have a brain to actually think about having a new addition to our family. Mark and I couldn't be more excited about Baby Boy Ostebo!! We're getting a baby room ready and finishing odds and ends on our house that we won't get to after baby. I don't think there is any way to feel REALLY ready for a baby, I think we just have to dive in and take it as it comes. We've talked about different ways we want to parent, hopes and dreams we have for the baby. But mostly I just think we'll try our best to give this baby a good, normal life and to provide for his basic needs. And of course love him as much as we are capable in the process!
So happy you are feeling better!! That's awesome!! I remember when I would take my Zofran, I would feel like a human again. When I didn't take it, I was totally useless! So I totally know how you feel!! :D
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrea! Yeah life has much improved, so grateful to eat food again. And can't wait for baby. Annnnd, can't wait for our next get together.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!!! Congratulations! I totally know how you feel about the "barfs-capades." When I was pregnant with Chloe I was working at PF Changs, and I can't even tell you how many times I had to puke in that bathroom. Holy awfulness. And yes, it's all day, all day, all day!!!! I think I counted one day with her that I had thrown up 18 times. Glad you finally made it through the worst part! It'll all get better from here! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteYay, Congratulations Whitney! Sorry you were so sick. It's amazing what it takes to get a little person here. But in the end it's worth it. Congratulations again!
ReplyDelete