Thursday, December 8, 2011

Today was a relaxing, adventurous day....

I woke up, went to work for an hour...
Then I drove to the car shop to take the poor Green Bean in for a checkup. He's needed quite a bit of work.
While waiting for the Bean to be done, I ate at Costa Vida's, then read my book in Costa Vida all afternoon while watching a surf video they have....I think I watched it 3 times....

Then, I meandered up to the BYU library and looked at the collection of old Bibles they have on display right now. Amazing. The King James Bible came from basically a compromise between the Puritans and the church of England. I also learned about William Tynsdale who initially translated the Bible from Greek to English. He lost his life over his convictions to widespread knowledge of the Bible.

I called Mom to make an executive decision about the Bean's repairs...should I? or should I not? At this point I pretty much have to because it has to pass emissions and safety.
The poor Bean spent the night in the shop.

So, I walked up to campus to start my job at BYU as a lab teacher in the nursing department. Being in the lab, it brought it all back. The feelings of stress, anxiety, commrodorie with my class mates, the desire to learn, the excitement of change and direction. For a moment, I envied the girls in the lab because they are in such a wonderful experience in their life, unbeknownst to them. The girls' questions are honest, with a sincere desire to learn. That is sooo refreshing.
I'm excited to learn about these nursing skills again. I know I'm going to learn so much from doing this, I think it will help me to be a better nurse. I hope I can offer the nursing students' the information that will best help them.

Katie Powers and Justin Meiers picked me up from campus. Sooo nice of them. And now here I am back in my bed.

An overall good day.

1 comment: